Things I accomplished:
- I finally did overhead squats with weight on the 35lb bar…making it a whole 40lbs.
- Snatches are more consistent and I have better form
- Front squatting for 3 reps what used to be my 1 RM about 2 months ago.
Things I need to work on more:
- Internal and External Rotation stretches
- Pulling too early in the clean and the snatch
- Finding where my lockout position is for my left arm so that it matches my right one that doesn’t straighten entirely.
Nothing much has changed this week. Just trying to cut back the chocolate indulgences, however healthy they might be.
The Meal Plan
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip Waffles – batch cooked some last Friday to eat at the beginning of the week. I couldn’t photograph them because the recipe I used made them kind of fall apart. Except the first one but I ate it while cooking the last two…oops.
- Lara Bars – New favorite packaged snack. With Harris Teeter eVIC deals and coupons we bought about 12 of these for roughly $0.50 a piece. Can’t beat that when they’re usually $2/bar. I want to make my own now because they seem so incredibly simple when you read the ingredients lists. Always all natural, only a few ingredients, and they’re all made with a date base for stickiness. The rest is just a matter of creativity!
- Microwaved Sweet potato + cinnamon and a protein shake
- Protein shake and cashews/fruit
Lunches and Dinners:
I went the mix and match route again and made an entire 12 meals. I still need to get a hang on this strategy because I didn’t really buy enough food. Today I’m trying it again but I planned only 4 different combos instead of 6 so I’ll have 3 servings of each. It’s almost a puzzle trying to ensure I’m not eating two very similar meals on the same day but once I get the hang of it it’ll be so much easier. And I can still batch cook enough to throw some in the freezer for later use.
- Proteins: Chicken and ground turkey
- Vegetables: Peppers, Carrots, Mushrooms, broccoli (a little, more for Justin), cauliflower and Tomatoes
- Sauces: Honey Mustard, Buffalo (hot sauce + ranch seasoning), Chipotle-Lime
- Starches: Brown Rice, Quinoa, Black Beans
- Leftovers: Chipotle-Lime Meatballs tossed with spinach and batch-cooked rice and mushrooms. Topped with Sriracha.
I made some really strange combinations with this stuff due to some confusion in the planning of it all. But everything was still delicious!
- Sweet Potato Pudding
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake – I need to find a way to make these work better without eggs so I can actually post a decent recipe for one!
- Celery and Peanut Butter
- Fruit (cherries and grapes mostly)
- Turkey slices and celery
- Sweet potatoes (mashed with cinnamon)
Carrots and peanut butter