I whipped these Strawberry Coconut popsicles up just the other day to eat this week for dessert. The only downside? They aren’t chocolate! It’s a crime. But I’m trying to satisfy my chocolate-tooth with fruit these days so I’m eating things like this instead and then attempting some self control. Unfortunately I still catch myself eating a handful of chocolate chips after one of these…*sigh*. Nobody is perfect.
What’s great about them though:
- Coconut milk = extra creamy and I love the mild flavor it has
- Strawberries = delicious and refreshing plus natural sweetness
- date syrup = super sweet caramel flavor that’s 100% natural
- Super easy to make
- They’re dairy-free and don’t require protein powder
- They have healthy fat from coconut milk and nutrients from the berries and date syrup
I love making my own popsicles in the summer time. Despite the fact that I still make chili in July, I’m typically a very seasonal cook/baker. Justin brought home a fall variety pack of Sam Adam’s beer the other day and I just can’t do it yet. I burn myself out on fall things come September and October – if I start too early I won’t make it to October! Fall is my favorite though…so I’m known to over-anticipate and start drinking pumpkin beer in mid-August. Not this year. I’m holding out.
I usually get around to making pops at least 3 or 4 times if not way more. I took a break from them for a while here but had an urge for them this week! I highly suggest investing a good $6 in a popsicle mold…you’ll have fun with it.