This was my first successful egg-less protein waffle. I have yet to master egg-less pancakes but I might need to because I miss those too. And I definitely can’t have eggs as much as I used to. That has been confirmed. Of course my first protein waffle would be chocolate + peanut butter, because no two things in this world go better with each other than chocolate and peanut butter do. I failed at roughly my 6th waffle attempt just before making this one and finally everything I needed to do clicked and I got it right on my 2nd try that morning…after having to trash the first one.
More details on all my failed waffle attempts can be found here.
Get used to waffles now because every Wednesday (or at least most of them) will be Waffle Wednesday with a new variation of protein waffles coming at ya. So far I’ve made several…most of which I haven’t photographed. Look forward to these ones soon though:
- Chocolate Almond Berry
- Caramel Peanut Butter
- PB&J Waffle Sandwiches
- Cinnamon Bun
- Double Chocolate Chip
So I like waffles better than pancakes for several reasons:
- I only cook one waffle (or two if I make them for Justin). They are not necessarily faster but I pay less attention to them because they cook longer in the waffle iron and I can just look over to see if the “ready” light is on.
- The crispy outside texture
- I can make them without eggs
- Cleanup is easier
Now I also like pancakes better for some reasons:
- They are softer and a little more fluffy (because I usually make them with eggs)
- I like eating things in stacks.
- I can smother stuff in between layers of pancakes
- They are a bit more photogenic.
I’m thinking I’ll give pancakes another try without eggs soon…